CIS Secure Computing is seeking a motivated, experienced, and knowledgeable Sr Supply Chain Manager that encompasses all aspects of the supply chain. This will include procurement of materials, inventory control, warehouse and the shipping/receiving departments. The goal is to drive inventory accuracy, accurate kitting of work orders to production and develop efficient receiving and shipping processes using lean manufacturing principles for uninterrupted production, and audit compliance. The Sr Supply Chain Manager must be a respected leader, fostering strong relationships with other departments within the organization including; Production Control, Material Planning, Engineering, Finance, Quality and Facilities all striving to achieve our corporate goals.
The candidate will be responsible for all purchasing functions and inventory assets (plant, 3PL, sub-contractors, and internal suppliers) and manage a team of approximately ten to fifteen employees, including the Purchasing Manager, Buyers, Warehouse/Inventory Control and Shipping/Receiving personnel. The position requires a strong analytical skillset, along with data-driven and a logical approach for improvement actions.
The right candidate will be an individual who is collaborative and excels in dealing with overall supply chain logistics of an electronics assembly organization with a high degree of people and management skills
- Managing daily operation of the purchasing and warehouse teams
- Hiring, training, supervising and evaluating purchasing/warehouse personnel; ensuring personnel operate in accordance with company guidelines and governmental regulations
- Ensuring compliance with company and governmental procurement policies and requirements, including, but not limited to FAR/DFARS, Procurement Integrity, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), foreign anti-bribery laws, and import/export regulations
- Supporting procurement strategies designed to reduce costs, improving product and service quality and expediting delivery.
- Optimizing use of technology to streamline procurement processes
- Preparing requests for quotes (RFQs) from suppliers
- Managing supplier qualification and selection process; evaluating quotes and ensuring quality, cost and lead time requirements are met
- Develop methods to obtain year over year cost improvements on purchased parts
- Fostering and maintaining relationships with suppliers; establishing and monitoring supplier performance metrics; resolving disputes with suppliers
- Monitoring and controlling requisitioning and ordering of goods and services based on approved purchasing authority levels and budgets
- Staying abreast of market trends and end of life issue for electronics purchases
- Identify inventory discrepancies, research root causes and lead efforts to implement demonstrated permanent corrective actions (i.e., no repeat variances)
- Provide evidence of cycle program compliance for count frequency, approvals aligned with targeted thresholds, and sustainable corrective actions
- Develop a credible and approachable Inventory Control team
- Drive continuous and simplistic process and system improvements for robust material flow, minimal shortages and correct part quantity accuracy
- Work with Production Control, Material Planning, Logistics, Production, and Quality to drive inventory accuracy in the factory
- Interface with Planning, Purchasing and New Parts Introduction teams for robust part changes and disposition of excess/obsolete material
- Control and confirm inventory adjustments, appropriate transactions, back up for corrections
- Develop intuitive analysis tools and KPI's for confirmation and reporting of inventory control
- Develop efficient and streamlined kitting processes for supplying production with appropriate materials for each work order
- Responsible for all shipping and receiving activities including international and customer specific requirements for civilian, government and DOD customers
- Ability to manage an internal production parts supply dept (produces labels and painted parts)
Must be a US person as defined by the US regulations:
- Any individual who is granted U.S. citizenship
- Any individual who is granted U.S. permanent residence (i.e., a "Green Card" holder)
- Any individual who is granted status as a "protected person"
Education and Experience:
- B.S. in a business or technical discipline or
- 10+ years related experience in manufacturing electronics inventory procurement, or material management preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Analytical capabilities, including data analysis to optimize inventory levels; advances MS Excel skills
- Experience with standard ERP software and unique Vendor and Visual management systems
- Highly detailed and service-oriented, strong process-driven nature strongly desired
- Strong interpersonal, team, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- APICS (American Production and Inventory Control Society) certification a plus
- LEAN/Six Sigma training a plus
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate with occasional loud noises associated with a manufacturing environment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.