Production opportunities at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility distinct from those at other employers. Quadâ€™s state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities include world-class automation and printing technology. Our platform includes digital, gravure and offset presses that give our clients a full range of options to produce personalized marketing products. Fueled by innovative, interesting days, youâ€™ll find hard work is good work, and feel a deep sense of pride in a job well done â€“ something shared by everyone in the community we call Quad.
Quad is currently seeking a Press Assistant I/Roll Tender to work in theÂ Charlotte, NC Retail Plant.As a member of the press crew, the Press Assistant I (Roll Tender) has previous experience as a Press Asst. II (stacker/jogger) and is able to perform the duties of both positions and may be asked to do so from time to time.Â Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Understanding standard operating procedures of the department
- Manage the paper supply inventory on the press and feed rolls into the press
- Coordinate plates and tickets for upcoming jobs and hang paper according to job tickets
- Set up and make splices, bend and hang plates as well as hang blankets and assist with webbing up press
- Ensure correct ink is available for job and check ink fountains regularly
- Set fold during make-readies and check trim sheets to proof and complete necessary roll reports and paperwork accurately
- Communicate effectively with plate room and paper warehouse and coordinate changing of ink, etch, and silicone totes as needed
- Wash up the press and assist with preventative maintenance.Â
- Candidates must have prior press experience as Press Assistant II (Jogger)
- Strong mechanical abilities and knowledge of presses and roll stands and the ability to perform basic math calculationsÂ are essential.
- Good verbal and written comprehension skills are a must.
- Must be able to thrive in a team environment and work independently with minimal supervision.
- This position also requires the ability to bend and lift 50 pounds continuously, ability to lift up to 90 pounds occasionally, stand long hours, use hands and wrists continuouslyÂ and use vision in order to identify defects, performing repetitious tasks in a fast-paced atmosphere with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Companyâ€™s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Quad/Graphics is a leading print and marketing services provider focused on helping brand owners market their products, services and content more efficiently and effectively across media channels. The company has approximately 22,500 full-time employees across North America, South America and Europe with 161 facilities locations in 17 countries. With a consultative approach, worldwide capabilities, leading-edge technology and single-source simplicity, Quad/Graphics creates value for its clients be helping them perform better in today's rapidly changing world through the integration of print products with complementary services to improve efficiencies, reduce costs, create engagement, lift response and increase revenue.